Dianne Feinstein and the Red Party Want You to Register Your Currently Owned Long Guns
Face it, we now have an aggressive Communist Party in the Democrats and a Republican Party too tired to stand against them.
Communist, Dianne Feinstein, Senator from Soviet Socialist Republic of California proposes that current owners of long rifles be required to register them, in the process providing photo id and fingerprints, plus getting local law enforcement to vouch for you.
Our rights our inalienable. Unfortunately, these authoritarians are now showing their true beliefs, which among other things posits that all rights come from government.
In January, Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices.
Summary of 2013 legislation
Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
- Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms;
- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
- Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
- Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
- Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
A pdf of the bill summary is available here.
You can contact Commissar Feinstein here and school her on the meaning of the “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed…”